Saratoga Hospital opened their doors in 1895 in order to serve the immediate community’s needs for medical care. Today, Saratoga Hospital, a premier provider of healthcare services in the region, remains committed to care for their community, serving patients in 19 locations and offering a comprehensive range of medical services. The OR and ICU Addition and Renovation Project continues Saratoga’s expansion of community services.
The Intensive Care Unit renovation consisted of an 18,000 square foot fit-up to create 19 ICU patient rooms, decentralized nursing stations, and family and support areas. Each of the 19 private rooms is outfitted with advanced medical equipment including in-room dialysis and the regions most sophisticated patient monitoring system. Windows facing out from patient rooms into the nursing stations include glass that fades from translucent to opaque to allow for more patient privacy. Hand wash stations that eliminate stagnant water and upgraded air handling systems promoting ideal temperatures were features added after the initial planning stages that were meant to promote healing and germ reduction.
The ICU opened in May, 2015 and has been named the Marylou Whitney and Dr. Desmond DelGiacco Intensive Care Unit to honor Ms. Whitney’s steadfast support of the Hospital and Dr. DelGiacco’s service to patients at Saratoga Hospital spanning more than 30 years.
The Surgical Pavilion work consisted of a 57,200 square foot addition and a 14,400 square foot renovation which created 10 new operating suites, new pre-op and post-operative patient areas, nursing stations, and common areas to include a new waiting room. The Surgical Pavilion was opened in two phases; 7 operating suites were in use by October, 2015 and the space was fully functional by the spring of 2016.